Our trip to San Diego brought with it many firsts. Our first BIG trip with the kids. First time on a plane. First time taking in the beauty and magnitude of the ocean. First time on a boat. First time at a horse track etc. etc.
I was wishing I had one of those old carousel slide projectors that I could click through each photo I took and regale you with all the details of our trip. Then I remembered how boring that might be. I really tried to trim down the picture count here or break it up into multiple posts, but it was just. so. hard! We had such an incredible time in California and I want to remember every bit of it. To make it all more bearable for you, I have created a little game for you to participate. Answers will be found at the end.
- Mia’s very first flight left her a) hungry for more b) a little sick to her stomach, but happy c) close to tears
2. We are so tempted to buy a condo where we stayed. The one for sale (1 bedroom/ocean view) was priced at a) $579,000 b)$990,000 c) $1.1 million
3. Who was kind enough to take our group photo at Sea World a) A real live dolphin trainer b) a Sea World custodian c) a fellow tourist.
4. True or False At Sea World we went to both the Dolphin and the Orca Whale show. Did we choose to sit in the Splash Zone at both shows?
5. We could have easily spent $100 dollars feeding these highly trained animals which also has been the inspiration for a Halloween Costume.
a) dolphin b) sting ray c) sea lion
A. B. C.
6. After a strenuous bike ride through Balboa park, on both a tandem and 4 person cruiser bike, Mia exclaimed, “Look! I’m under his nardos!” whilst taking which picture?
7. At the Delmar Thorough Bred Club, home of the Breeder’s Cup, Nate won $75 by betting on which winning horse? a) Mistress of the Night b) Last Promise Kept c) Little Darling
8. We took a Zodiac boat out onto the ocean. What did we see? a) a blue whale b) sea lions c) a pod of over a 100 dolphins with their babies d) all of the above
9. Bailey could have spent many more hours exploring the La Jolla Tide Pools and the creatures they carry. A fellow tide pooler caught a grab to let the kids hold. Did Mia hold the crab? a) No Way! b) She tried but she dropped it c) You bet she did!
10. Our very favorite place to eat was called a) Claim Jumper b) Light House Diner c) Phil’s B-B-Q
11. True or False We all LOVED the Ocean?
- B Kindles are not necessarily a good thing on a bumpy landing.
- B Things are a little pricey… dreams were shattered.
- B Did you spot that hint in the picture?
- True Things got so wet in the splash zone during the whale show that Mia and I had to move to higher ground and everyone else was dripping and damp the rest of the day. Bailey LOVED it.
- C The Sea Lions would wave and perform tricks for the fish we would feed them. Google has failed me in finding a Sea Lion costume to buy or make. Crossing my fingers that Bailey will find something else that inspires her before October.
- C That’s some art appreciation for you.
- A Of course
- B &C Too warm for the blue whales this year
- A Nope, No Thank you very much!
- C They say the ribs are THE BEST….I thought they were a lil spicy;)
- TRUE The ocean and this trip left us hungry for more! Looking forward to planning the next one.